Mindfulness in Education Links
- CARE for Teachers - CARE for Teachers is a unique professional development program that helps teachers handle the stresses and rediscover the joys of teaching. Developed by the Garrison Institute to meet the specific needs of K-12 teachers, CARE is not another curriculum and does not increase teachers’ workload. Instead, it offers them tools and resources for reducing stress, preventing burnout, enlivening teaching and helping students thrive socially, emotionally and academically.
- The Still Quiet Place - Website of Dr. Amy Saltzman, a leader in bringing mindfulness to young people from pre-K to college undergrads in socioeconomically diverse school, and community settings.
- Mindful Schools - a non-profit organization that offers professional training, in-class instruction, and other resources to support mindfulness in education.
- Mindfulness in Schools Project - a non-profit organization whose aim is to encourage, support and research the teaching of secular mindfulness in schools.
- Association for Mindfulness in Education - a collaborative association of organizations and individuals working together to provide support for mindfulness training as a component of K-12 education.
- Mindfulness in Education Network - network that facilitates communication among all educators, parents, students and any others interested in promoting contemplative practice (mindfulness) in educational settings.
- MindUP Program - As The Hawn Foundation’s signature educational initiative, MindUP™ is anchored in current research in cognitive neuroscience, evidence-based classroom pedagogy, best-practices mindful education, precepts of social and emotional learning (SEL), and guiding principles of positive psychology. MindUP™ is a family of social, emotional, and attentional self-regulatory strategies and skills developed for cultivating well-being and emotional balance.
- Center for Mindful Learning - An innovative mindfulness program for schools.
- The inner Resilience Program - A project of The Tides Center that works to cultivate the inner lives of students, teachers, and schools by integrating social and emotional learning with contemplative practice.
- Retreats for Educators - The Center for Contemplative Mind in Society hosts retreats for educators to cultivate awareness and inquire deeply into our professional lives.
- Mindful - Mindful is an initiative that celebrates being mindful in all aspects of daily living through Mindful magazine,
mindful.org, and social media.