Research on Mindfulness
- Addressing Educator Stress Through Mindfulness - Todd Scholl
- Mindfulness Helps to Combat Stress - Robert Puff, Ph.D - According to a recent study, mindfulness can combat everyday stress by helping to clear the mind and body.
- Dos and Don'ts When Teaching Mindfulness - Deborah Schoeberlein - Tips to those teaching mindfulness.
- Mindfulness practice leads to increases in regional brain gray matter density - Britta K. Hölzela, James Carmody, Mark Vangela, Christina Congleton, Sita M. Yerramsetti, Tim Garda, and Sara W. Lazar - A controlled longitudinal study that investigates pre-post changes in brain gray matter concentration attributable to participartion in a Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction program.
- Mindfulness Meditation Training Changes Brain Structure in Eight Weeks - Participating in an 8-week mindfulness meditation program appears to make measurable changes in brain regions associated with memory, sense of self, empathy and stress.
- Sitting-Meditation Interventions Among Youth: A Review of Treatment Efficacy - David S. Black, MPH, Joel Milam, PhD, and Steve Sussman, PhD - Sitting meditation seems to be an effective intervention in the treatment of physiologic, psychosocial, and behavioral conditions among youth.